Dating when on the spectrum?

Apparently, dating isn't easy for NT's, so how on earth are you supposed to find love when you are on the spectrum? I think my best option is to seek out someone else on the spectrum who would understand more. Any advice on how one would go about getting a meaningful relationship?

Parents
  • I don't know, my position is not one of looking, but rather that the opportunity to date is there, but I'm not wanting to. My brain apparently has no option but to catastrophise all future relationship possibilities. More than anything the idea of compromising my space and solitude.

Just can't.

My autistic brother got married quite young and has several children. Surprisingly. All very surprising. But in his case, he worked with someone who set their sights on him and didn't give up.

That might happen to some of us, hardly an enactable strategy though! 

• I don't know, my position is not one of looking, but rather that the opportunity to date is there, but I'm not wanting to. My brain apparently has no option but to catastrophise all future relationship possibilities. More than anything the idea of compromising my space and solitude.

Just can't.

My autistic brother got married quite young and has several children. Surprisingly. All very surprising. But in his case, he worked with someone who set their sights on him and didn't give up.

That might happen to some of us, hardly an enactable strategy though! 

Children
No Data