Dating when on the spectrum?

Apparently, dating isn't easy for NT's, so how on earth are you supposed to find love when you are on the spectrum? I think my best option is to seek out someone else on the spectrum who would understand more. Any advice on how one would go about getting a meaningful relationship?

Parents
  • After spending years trying to find love it came when i gave up. 

I was just in the right place at the right time and met my wife. I wasnt looking or trying anymore. It helped that i was wearing a He Man T Shirt. She said that was the clincher and she just started talking to me. 

We spoke on the phone for weeks before i realised she was attracted to me. I just thought she was a nice person. She always laughs at that now and says i have no idea when someone is flirting, and i also have no clue how to flirt!!!!

• After spending years trying to find love it came when i gave up. 

I was just in the right place at the right time and met my wife. I wasnt looking or trying anymore. It helped that i was wearing a He Man T Shirt. She said that was the clincher and she just started talking to me. 

We spoke on the phone for weeks before i realised she was attracted to me. I just thought she was a nice person. She always laughs at that now and says i have no idea when someone is flirting, and i also have no clue how to flirt!!!!

Children
  • Ah Dogtooth, I think that may be a common problem, not knowing when someone is interested. 

You've reminded me of a past incident with a friend.

Pleased to hear things worked out well for you! Blush