Dating when on the spectrum?

Apparently, dating isn't easy for NT's, so how on earth are you supposed to find love when you are on the spectrum? I think my best option is to seek out someone else on the spectrum who would understand more. Any advice on how one would go about getting a meaningful relationship?

Parents
  • It's definitely not easy, but I do believe there is someone out there for everyone. After a toxic uni relationship it took me 3 years to find my partner now, which involved a LOT of dates. It's hard to meet people nowadays and I had to rely on dating apps, which takes a lot of trial and error. Also as a female, a lot of masking until I felt comfortable after a few dates. I met my partner almost 3 years ago on Tinder and now we are married. :-) My best advice would be to enjoy meeting new people through dates (even if they dont work out), and don't put too much pressure on yourself. When you know the person is right, you just know, because you will click straight away (at least I did with my husband!) My husband is definitely on the spectrum somewhere as he has special interests in classic Land Rovers and Star Wars! 

• It's definitely not easy, but I do believe there is someone out there for everyone. After a toxic uni relationship it took me 3 years to find my partner now, which involved a LOT of dates. It's hard to meet people nowadays and I had to rely on dating apps, which takes a lot of trial and error. Also as a female, a lot of masking until I felt comfortable after a few dates. I met my partner almost 3 years ago on Tinder and now we are married. :-) My best advice would be to enjoy meeting new people through dates (even if they dont work out), and don't put too much pressure on yourself. When you know the person is right, you just know, because you will click straight away (at least I did with my husband!) My husband is definitely on the spectrum somewhere as he has special interests in classic Land Rovers and Star Wars! 

Children
No Data