Clothing

I've recently noticed that I buy and wear the same style of clothes. My wardrobe is full of new clothes but I don't wear them and always go back to my usual clothes. I hate anything tight on me. Does anyone else have the same issue?. I want to wear something different but I just can't bring myself to do it

Parents
  • I'd love to have a better relationship with clothes, but being tall it's not often I find trousers to fit and I dislike skirts partly because tights are never long enough or fit properly. What I dont' get is that recently the trend seems to be for tops to have really skinny arm holes, do they think I have broom sticks for arms? I wonder if because to many clothes are made in China and if they have any idea of a typical western body shape? The really weird thing is I can get lovely linen trousers from supermarkets in summer and they're a bit long on me and I've got really long legs, but I can't get any in winter, whats that about?

• Can you sew and alter?

• I'm a disaster area with a sewing machine, it all looks to be going perfectly and then it stops and the thread breaks and I realise I have a nest of knotted cotton on the fabric and in the machine. It will work perfectly if someone else does it, sewing machines hate me. I can't hand sew any more dues to hypermobility in my finger joints.

In order to alter clothes you have to have enough fabric to do so, you can only lengthen trousers if you have sufficient hem to turn down and most don't. You can't make sleeves bigger as they're set in and whilst you maybe able to open the side seem, theres not enough sleeve fabric to make it larger. You may also ruin the overall look of the garment by interfeering with things like bust darts and waist lines.

• I'm a disaster area with a sewing machine, it all looks to be going perfectly and then it stops and the thread breaks and I realise I have a nest of knotted cotton on the fabric and in the machine. It will work perfectly if someone else does it, sewing machines hate me. I can't hand sew any more dues to hypermobility in my finger joints.

In order to alter clothes you have to have enough fabric to do so, you can only lengthen trousers if you have sufficient hem to turn down and most don't. You can't make sleeves bigger as they're set in and whilst you maybe able to open the side seem, theres not enough sleeve fabric to make it larger. You may also ruin the overall look of the garment by interfeering with things like bust darts and waist lines.

Children