what are you watching?

I am am watching the latest season of "Fargo".

Before that I was watching "Reservation Dogs"

Parents
  • Last night I watched the original 1980 version of “The Fog”. 

• I love The Fog a lot - from the opening campfire story to the creepy shots of the town at night... gives off this spookiness vibe that pervades the whole movie. Some of Carpenter's early horror was really effective at establishing a scary atmosphere while having surprisingly low body counts and little gore. Great soundtrack, too!

• I love The Fog a lot - from the opening campfire story to the creepy shots of the town at night... gives off this spookiness vibe that pervades the whole movie. Some of Carpenter's early horror was really effective at establishing a scary atmosphere while having surprisingly low body counts and little gore. Great soundtrack, too!

Children
  • I think Carpenter wanted the film to be more supernatural than ‘slasher’ film. A third of the film was re-filmed as Carpenter didn’t think it was scary enough. The DJ in the lighthouse was his real wife.

Jamie Lee Curtis was the young hitchhiker in the film, the blonde woman in the film who played Kathy is the mother of Jamie, Janet Leigh who famously was in the shower scene in “Psycho”.