Pick one out of three to survive

Your trapped on island with 3 people and you need to survive pick ONE person out of the three choices that could help you survive and then way why you have picked this person.

1, a hunter from one of the local islands has great knowledge of the area but is a potential cannibal that could see you as a god trapped in a human body and must eat you to realise the god.

2, a mad scientist that has been studying the island for many years but after years of being alone has been driven to insanity and it is unknown how he would react when in the presence of another human being. 

3, a village chief that hates outsiders and you could end up imprisoned on the island with no food or water but could be reasoned with for a price. 

Parents
  • My realistic answer would naturally be none of the above but if I had to choose I'm making the assumptions on risk/reward and I'll go with #2, the scientist and this is my logic. The hunter could be helpful, but they're likely very capable which means my likelihood of survival if they were to desire cannibalising me is low. The chief, probably not that helpful outside of somehow negotiating being welcomed into the village but I don't want to be sociable with an entire village nor try to convince a chief who already hates me as an outsider, no chance of success lol. The scientist however, they may also have valuable knowledge much like the hunter would but rather than a very likely death if they flip on me, there's more of a question mark over the scientists capabilities. If they reacted badly to my presence then there's still at least some hope I could maaaaybe come out on top in an encounter with them.

It is quite presumptive to assume the scientist be the weakest of the three but... You've got to assume the hunter is the more threatening individual and the chief has a village of other folk to assist.

Ideal though would be the hunter if things went well and they don't want to eat me, a reliable companion who worships me lol, but I'm preparing my decision with worst case.

• My realistic answer would naturally be none of the above but if I had to choose I'm making the assumptions on risk/reward and I'll go with #2, the scientist and this is my logic. The hunter could be helpful, but they're likely very capable which means my likelihood of survival if they were to desire cannibalising me is low. The chief, probably not that helpful outside of somehow negotiating being welcomed into the village but I don't want to be sociable with an entire village nor try to convince a chief who already hates me as an outsider, no chance of success lol. The scientist however, they may also have valuable knowledge much like the hunter would but rather than a very likely death if they flip on me, there's more of a question mark over the scientists capabilities. If they reacted badly to my presence then there's still at least some hope I could maaaaybe come out on top in an encounter with them.

It is quite presumptive to assume the scientist be the weakest of the three but... You've got to assume the hunter is the more threatening individual and the chief has a village of other folk to assist.

Ideal though would be the hunter if things went well and they don't want to eat me, a reliable companion who worships me lol, but I'm preparing my decision with worst case.

Children
No Data