I hate this life and yes I know you don't care

My parents treat me like poo. A piece of poo they trod on. The social services and NHS are worse.

No one cares. Give me all your false platitudes, heard it all before.

Parents
  • Being in an office never really bothered me before. I could keep myself to myself or interacrt with colleagues without too much stress.
    The big thing for me now as a WFH'er is not having to get up early, get ready, endure the nightmare traffic (1.5 hours each way), being at home and able to start my evening as soon as I shutdown the laptop. Plus the considerable saving in fuel.

If you are open with your employer about your ASD you can have a conversation around reasonable adjustments. For me the main adjustment was to reduce my hours from 37.5 to 30 per week. The 1.5 hours diffrence per day makes a massive difference for me (I also struggle with severe fatigue).
    In fact, my employer would probably be ok if I wanted to reduce by another hour per day, but 6 hours is working well for me at the moment.
    The downside is that my salary has been adjusted inline with my reduced hours. 

• Being in an office never really bothered me before. I could keep myself to myself or interacrt with colleagues without too much stress.
    The big thing for me now as a WFH'er is not having to get up early, get ready, endure the nightmare traffic (1.5 hours each way), being at home and able to start my evening as soon as I shutdown the laptop. Plus the considerable saving in fuel.

If you are open with your employer about your ASD you can have a conversation around reasonable adjustments. For me the main adjustment was to reduce my hours from 37.5 to 30 per week. The 1.5 hours diffrence per day makes a massive difference for me (I also struggle with severe fatigue).
    In fact, my employer would probably be ok if I wanted to reduce by another hour per day, but 6 hours is working well for me at the moment.
    The downside is that my salary has been adjusted inline with my reduced hours. 

Children
No Data