Learning to cope alone?

Hello all, 

I hope you're all well. 

I have a quick question, i am 31 and Autistic. I work, but struggle with the most basic tasks, that a friend or outsider would shake their head that i struggled with this. 

I struggle with basic tasks, cooking, taking medication, personal hygiene. My mum helps me to keep on top of things and truth be told, with out her, i would be screwed. 

My question is (this is me forward thinking): What do people do when their support system or support person either ends, runs out, dies etc and you are left alone to navigare the world alone. 

As we all know, we all love a good routine and i personally like to plan things, so what i am asking is, have people done things/put plans in place when still with family for when they're eventually on their own? 

Best, 

Parents
  • I experienced the opposite.  I find it better to live alone.

When my mother was alive I was her official carer and I struggled to cope with her criticism.  She slagged me off to others for being a weirdo because I washed my hands before meals, because I bathed more than once a week.  I had to cope with all phobias.

Now I live as I like.

• I experienced the opposite.  I find it better to live alone.

When my mother was alive I was her official carer and I struggled to cope with her criticism.  She slagged me off to others for being a weirdo because I washed my hands before meals, because I bathed more than once a week.  I had to cope with all phobias.

Now I live as I like.

Children
No Data