Friendships - Are they real?

I am questioning all my friendships at the moment & wondering if these people really are my friends.

It seems like I initiate all the contact and that they are only friends with me because of what they can get out of me. 

There is one person I really thought I was getting on well with but not enough to get an invitation to NYE. 

I even feel like my own husband is a stranger. We both have our own interests and hardly have anything to do with each other any more. 

I am feeling v lonely ,confused & full of doubt.

Parents
  • It seems like I initiate all the contact and that they are only friends with me because of what they can get out of me. 

I feel like that with my in-person friends and some online friends too. My neighbor for example, Ive known her for 6years and we are friends but if you look at our texts its just me texting her with it saying "read". Then whenever I ask if she wants to hang out then she says "im busy" "im tired" "I have work" "not today" and somtimes I do see her going to work but most of the time I end up seeing her go out with other friends or she is just talking on the phone while scrolling through snap chat. She does invite me to her band concerts but the whole time I just follow her around as I hold her music so she can practice, hold her sax, record the concert with her phone. 
    My other friends do simular things and they like to ditch me the moment a better friend or even just a random person who just seems like more fun comes along.

Im sure not all people are like that though. And your husband wouldnt be your husband if he didnt actually care about you. But I do understand questioning if friendships are real

• People are confusing.  It tends to be easier to just go along with that they ask. I live in fear of what others think of me. I don't like upsetting people.

Reply Children
No Data