Pretending to be normal

Does anyone else feel that they can pretend like they're normal for a short amount of time (and actually cope quite well like a regular person in the outside world) but after a couple of weeks the effort is too much and you crash and burn out and cant "be normal" anymore?

Parents
  • Newly diagnosed at 57. Feels like I’ve masked all my life. In my quiet time. I just thought everyone went quiet now and again. Still trying to get my head around this a bit more. This all feels strange and alien. Or am I just strange and alien. I don’t know. All my friends are sound. Couple of blokey comments. Family are cool. My son’s not. 2 out of 3s not bad I suppose 

• Newly diagnosed at 57. Feels like I’ve masked all my life. In my quiet time. I just thought everyone went quiet now and again. Still trying to get my head around this a bit more. This all feels strange and alien. Or am I just strange and alien. I don’t know. All my friends are sound. Couple of blokey comments. Family are cool. My son’s not. 2 out of 3s not bad I suppose 

Children
No Data