Leaving comfort zone

As I'll be 19 soon I decided to leave my comfort zone and answer the door yesterday. We had a Tesco delivery and when the guy knocked the door I surprised everyone - including myself - and answered it.

Normally I'll try to plan everything in advance if possible. That way I can work out what I can say beforehand, if I find myself in a social situation. This time there was no time to prepare.

But turns out I didn't need to. The delivery guy was actually so miserable he didn't speak, he communicated through grunts and if looks could kill I would probably be dead today. Lol.

After being momentarily brave I felt like I could take on the world... And then the phone rang and I immediately got triggered by the loud ringing of the phone and ran upstairs to my room in a cold sweat as anxiety started to dig in its claws.

I'm still proud for dealing with the delivery guy though Sweat smile 

How often do you momentarily leave your comfort zone and it's it worth it?

I think it can be worth it sometimes but not every time.

Parents
  • I once heard a saying - "nothing grows in the comfort zone". Depending upon where I am in life I would wholeheartedly agree with this or say it's the most ridiculous statement ever.

There is some truth in it.

• I once heard a saying - "nothing grows in the comfort zone". Depending upon where I am in life I would wholeheartedly agree with this or say it's the most ridiculous statement ever.

There is some truth in it.

Children