Time for another debate tonight’s marmite

Marmite love it or hate it. I’m a hater I think it tastes vial over to you guys are you a lover or are you a hater. 

Parents
  • I’ve always loved Marmite, cheese and marmite sandwiches, also toasted crumpets with cheese and Marmite. The cheese must be a strong Cheddar.

• Maybe you would like Nairns Marmite and cheese oatcakes. Or perhaps you've tried them!

• I haven’t, but I have tried Marmite cheese! It’s very ‘moreish’. Marmite crisps are also a favourite. I have tried substitutes but they aren’t the same, I weirdly don’t like Bovril.  Marmite was originally very cheap, it is a bi-product of Guinness, if you remember, in covid Marmite became scarce, it was because the pubs were closed. Sorry to info dump.

• The jar states its  yeast extract, originally Guinness had to pay to get rid of the waste. Most teatime favourites were low cost. My childhood hate was the old mug of ‘dripping’ in the fridge, it always made me feel ill, my parents thought it was marvellous.Nauseated face

• The jar states its  yeast extract, originally Guinness had to pay to get rid of the waste. Most teatime favourites were low cost. My childhood hate was the old mug of ‘dripping’ in the fridge, it always made me feel ill, my parents thought it was marvellous.Nauseated face

Children
No Data