Overwhelm, fatigue and acceptance

Today i just cant get my act together. Between walking my dog i am getting back into bed. I wouldnt say that i feel tired, but fatigued and a sense of overwhelm. In the past i would battle with this, but now knowing that i am autistic, i accept it and see it as a time for the need to rest. It feels a little like giving in, but i then realise it as a necessity to keep myself feeling just ok. I used to work full time. My ability has reduced. Do you think this is common for those of us over 50? I pick and plan my activities carefully in a wsy that i can manage, it seems essential to managing my life x

Parents
  • I am finding this post interesting. Since working out I was autistic during the pandemic and then reaching 60 I have realized how much my energy has reduced. I have very little left when I am not working. I only work 4 days and trying to manage the time with breaks, but my job is becoming more pressurized and some days wish retirement would come soon. 

I am also interested in the comments about light as I find a day with some sunshine is so much better and even more so if I get a walk in the sun.

• Andrew Huberman’s podcast is brilliant for understanding the things that affect our sleep. This one’s a bit long but there’s a short chapter on light about 16 minutes in:

https://youtu.be/h2aWYjSA1Jc?feature=shared 

Reply Children
No Data