Jaffa cakes are they a cake or a biscuit?

Hi everyone time for another debate as the bully xl ban and the pineapple on pizza went so well. Tonight’s topic Jaffa cakes are they a cake or a biscuit? I think biscuit as their to small to be classed as a cake well that’s my opinion. Over to everyone else cake or biscuit? 

Parents
  • From an engineering perspective, the essential difference between Cake and Biscuit is their differing structural properties and usually density. (although cake is usually less dense than a biscuit, some cakes can be incredibly dense). 

Cakes however are always differentiable from biscuits when their hardness is measured. The midpoint between the softness of a cake and the hardness of a biscuit is known as the "Cookie" region. 

So Jaffa cakes are clearly exactly as the packaging says (for once) a CAKE, but the size and packaging AND eventual useage parameters DOES qualify it to be displayed in the BISCUIT Isle of your local store. 

Indeed, my personal reserve of Jaffa cakes live right next to my Dark Chocolate hobnob biscuits in the drawer. 

• From an engineering perspective, the essential difference between Cake and Biscuit is their differing structural properties and usually density

We could've done with you on the 'What is Cake?' thread! Joy

Reply Children