What Did You Do Today, The 25th Or Christmas?

Hello,

What did you do today? Did you celebrate Christmas with friends and family or maybe it was all too much and you needed to escape? I went out litter picking and collected twelve bags out on the moors. I met a friend who was cycling so that was nice and another couple who were out to see family so I had chance to chat. I had no stress or people arguing or children screaming over presents so was happy. 

Parents
  • My wife works in a hospital, so my day was spent mostly alone, pottering about doing stuff until she came home. We will get together with her family today.

We don't have kids, and I do not have contact with my biological family.

• My wife is a District Nurse, she worked yesterday until 1pm, I prepared dinner, she is working all day today, there are two street lamps in the yard that haven’t worked for a while, I’m going to strip them down and make a list of parts required to make them LED. The time alone does allow a recharge.

I am looking forward to ‘cold cuts’ and chips tonight.

• My wife is a District Nurse, she worked yesterday until 1pm, I prepared dinner, she is working all day today, there are two street lamps in the yard that haven’t worked for a while, I’m going to strip them down and make a list of parts required to make them LED. The time alone does allow a recharge.

I am looking forward to ‘cold cuts’ and chips tonight.

Children
  • That's shocking. I know people don't do it for rewards but you would think she would get more than that, I know from my mum that it's very hard work and long hours. Maybe when she retires she'll get a cup and a voucher for the coffee?

• Yes, unfortunately people don’t stop being ill over Christmas, you just get used to it in the end. She did get a Christmas present from the NHS, a plastic coffee cup with a lid, unfortunately they have to buy their own coffee, not bad for 15 years of service!

• My mum is a triage nurse at the emergency department at our local hospital. Normally she will be working at Christmas but this year she got it off, I was so pleased, she works much too hard IMO. Next Christmas I expect she'll be working. She's working this afternoon and tonight.