Authenticity

So, I was wondering if anyone else feels this way?

We are encouraged, these days, to just be ourselves. But if you have done this and always found the real you is rejected how on earth are you meant to live in the world authentically?

Just ignore the negative responses and persist? Or, like most people in the world with a heart, do you then adjust your 'self' to be less divisive/offensive/turbulent, in order to find a way to fit? (Mask)

Just struggling to fit a star shaped personality through a round hole atm, and it's made me very depressed

Parents
  • I feel that there is too much pressure to be social. Some people just can't handle it.

The more different we are, the more we all sound the same. What constitutes a majority, these days? I feel that people are being pigeonholed into cliques. And it all begins in school.

• I feel that there is too much pressure to be social. Some people just can't handle it.

The more different we are, the more we all sound the same. What constitutes a majority, these days? I feel that people are being pigeonholed into cliques. And it all begins in school.

Children
No Data