deleating old threads.

Just to be clear if I read the latest moderators note corectly they are saying all threads older than 3 years are going to be deleated. Not locked. Deleated.

I don't belive anyone asked for that inspite of what the note says about listening to feedback. I can only assume it has nothing to do with feedback and more to do with reducing load on the servers.

I think a lot of people probably missed this detail in the note so it was worth mentioning.

Parents
  • I think the idea might have been gleaned from  this thread (link below).

I'm personally happy to read old (er than 3 years) threads and I wouldn't want them locked either because then they could never be found again ie brought back up to the fore.

Information being out of date isn't always applicable or the most important aspect of a discussion. 

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/34756/mods-can-the-really-old-stuff-be-archived

Rosie's point:

Additionally, we have listened to your helpful feedback and as part of the upgrades, online community accounts and threads that are older than three years will no longer be visible. This will ensure that all threads are current and reduce inaccurate information being available to users.  

• I think the idea might have been gleaned from  this thread (link below).

I'm personally happy to read old (er than 3 years) threads and I wouldn't want them locked either because then they could never be found again ie brought back up to the fore.

Information being out of date isn't always applicable or the most important aspect of a discussion. 

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/34756/mods-can-the-really-old-stuff-be-archived

Rosie's point:

Additionally, we have listened to your helpful feedback and as part of the upgrades, online community accounts and threads that are older than three years will no longer be visible. This will ensure that all threads are current and reduce inaccurate information being available to users.  

Children