How do i carry on anymore

I am a full time carer for my adult daughter who has autism.  I feel completely drained and unable to cope anymore. I really can't do this anymore. 

Parents
  • I'm really sorry to read of your situation and to a degree I understand. My family and I care for my sister who is severely disabled, likely also autistic, but not diagnosed as of yet.

I think it's a good idea to reach out when you can, whether it's talking on here, or another support forum. There's also Samaritans who you can call if you need to. Sometimes just having someone to talk to and listen on the other end of the phone can be a big help in itself.

If you're needing more support try reaching out to your GP and see if they can help you, like referring you to a service to help. Or if not Citizens Advice might be able to help you. In the past my family and I found them very helpful.

I know sometimes with my sister it can be absolutely exhausting on a bad day. Please feel free to reach out here as well anytime you need to.

• I'm really sorry to read of your situation and to a degree I understand. My family and I care for my sister who is severely disabled, likely also autistic, but not diagnosed as of yet.

I think it's a good idea to reach out when you can, whether it's talking on here, or another support forum. There's also Samaritans who you can call if you need to. Sometimes just having someone to talk to and listen on the other end of the phone can be a big help in itself.

If you're needing more support try reaching out to your GP and see if they can help you, like referring you to a service to help. Or if not Citizens Advice might be able to help you. In the past my family and I found them very helpful.

I know sometimes with my sister it can be absolutely exhausting on a bad day. Please feel free to reach out here as well anytime you need to.

Children
No Data