Blogging about autistic experiences- do you have any experience or suggestions?

Hi fellow neurokin!

I have recently become interested in blogging about my autistic experience for an autistic led organisation. I have already written a blog for Neurodiverse Connection but I don’t yet have another opportunity to write another one for them.

I wondered if any one else has experience of this?

If so, did you enjoy it? Do you have any recommendations of autistic led organisations to contact?

I have thought about starting my own website dedicated to blogging about autistic experiences but I don’t think I am ready for that yet.

Thank you in advance!Smile

Parents
  • I started doing a blog, very recently, about my own experience and thoughts on my Autism.  So I am not 'experienced', but I can say just writing about this has really helped me unmask to myself. I did not realise how much I was in denial about, and how I had created a false perspective on my own life. As my blog is very new and not advertised I get just a handful of readers, and to be honest I like that. I don't feel the whole world is looking at me, so I just feel comfortable being open in that situation. I did the blog partly to help me self express, but I did want to help create a grassroots level connection...not necessarily a connection where we communicate, but where we can observe others going on this journey of life through an Autistic lense. It helps me a lot to read of others internal experiences, to understand myself, obviously others, and know I am not alone in this. Under all the diverse ways we live and can cope woth/cannot cope with there does seem to me to be many commonalities. For me that really helps to see.

• I started doing a blog, very recently, about my own experience and thoughts on my Autism.  So I am not 'experienced', but I can say just writing about this has really helped me unmask to myself.

Hi Nigel

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am so glad blogging has helped you in this way, that’s great!

Under all the diverse ways we live and can cope woth/cannot cope with there does seem to me to be many commonalities. For me that really helps to see.

Great, this is why sharing lived experiences is so impactful!

• I started doing a blog, very recently, about my own experience and thoughts on my Autism.  So I am not 'experienced', but I can say just writing about this has really helped me unmask to myself.

Hi Nigel

Thanks for sharing your experience! I am so glad blogging has helped you in this way, that’s great!

Under all the diverse ways we live and can cope woth/cannot cope with there does seem to me to be many commonalities. For me that really helps to see.

Great, this is why sharing lived experiences is so impactful!

Children
No Data