Christmas night out

Just back from my work’s Christmas night out. Feeling very deflated. Watching everyone dancing and having fun, I felt like an alien or a ghost. Totally uninvolved with what was going on. And now I probably won’t speak to another human except a supermarket worker until January Worried

Life shouldn’t be this way. I deserve better.

Parents
  • Just back from my work’s Christmas night out. Feeling very deflated.

Yeah, it's an ordeal, isn't it? All that weird social stuff, different behaviours, because it's an occasion, usually complicated by alcohol... it can be exhausting, it's all too much. Neutral face

Mine was pretty tough, and it was comparatively low-key! I worried about it for days before and was wiped out after. 

Two things - You did well to go and make it through. You're not alone. 

I envy those people who can come through social occasions unscathed.

• Just back from my work’s Christmas night out. Feeling very deflated.

Yeah, it's an ordeal, isn't it? All that weird social stuff, different behaviours, because it's an occasion, usually complicated by alcohol... it can be exhausting, it's all too much. Neutral face

Mine was pretty tough, and it was comparatively low-key! I worried about it for days before and was wiped out after. 

Two things - You did well to go and make it through. You're not alone. 

I envy those people who can come through social occasions unscathed.

Children
  • I’ve endured some work socials and thankfully am a lone worker now. What I find strange is some people you think of as being quiet or sort of normal, add alcohol and they turn into gremlins!