How do you spend your life?

1. I'm a late diagnosed autistic woman and I don't know how to spend my life day to day. I don't know what to do or how to start I dont understand how people decide what they're going to do apart from jobs which you have to do. I'm living in a city and grew up in the country, I've had lots of jobs but I'm unemployed right now for the first time since I was about twelve. I have lots of interests but they just don't excite me right now I don't feel anything for them. Most days I wake up and I feel really anxious because I just don't know what to do. I have no plans no obligations and no desire to do the things I used to like. I'm worried that I'm burnt out because that's what that sounds like but I don't know how to make myself feel better. I think if someone instructed me, I can do things for them but I don't have any instructions for myself. Like if my job demands me to go to Greece I can easily do it but if I have a month off nothing will ever happen. Does anyone relate to this? Or know what to do? 
Parents
  • At the moment I do full-time work Monday to Friday - on weekends or days off I've recently started going out (mainly on my own) more often to places that interest me. I've always wanted to travel to other countries and places outside my home city but have been too scared to. In March, I plan to go to Bristol to do some photography of places that were in a show I watched (Skins) and slowly work from there to get a bit more confidence.

I have creative hobbies aswell and a YouTube channel where I post about my interests (+ will start a podcast to talk about my experiences with autism and clinical depression). Although I seem like I know where my life is going, sometimes I have no idea what I am doing. When I graduated from university 3 to 4 years ago, I had depression and couldn't find another job which really pushed me back. One thing I don't like is when people ask me where do I see myself in 5 or 10 years because half the time I don't know.

I don't hate my job but tbh I can't see myself doing office/administrator work long term. I have mostly been working on my savings (as I want to try early retirement or being at a point where I gradually reduce working hours) and also putting money down for a place for myself (mainly to get away from toxic family) and indulge in things I like and such.

I honestly don't know what kind of advice to put because certain things may not work for everyone which is OK (as only you know yourself the best). I can say in my case everyday is like taking baby steps, if I make it through each day it is progress

• At the moment I do full-time work Monday to Friday - on weekends or days off I've recently started going out (mainly on my own) more often to places that interest me. I've always wanted to travel to other countries and places outside my home city but have been too scared to. In March, I plan to go to Bristol to do some photography of places that were in a show I watched (Skins) and slowly work from there to get a bit more confidence.

I have creative hobbies aswell and a YouTube channel where I post about my interests (+ will start a podcast to talk about my experiences with autism and clinical depression). Although I seem like I know where my life is going, sometimes I have no idea what I am doing. When I graduated from university 3 to 4 years ago, I had depression and couldn't find another job which really pushed me back. One thing I don't like is when people ask me where do I see myself in 5 or 10 years because half the time I don't know.

I don't hate my job but tbh I can't see myself doing office/administrator work long term. I have mostly been working on my savings (as I want to try early retirement or being at a point where I gradually reduce working hours) and also putting money down for a place for myself (mainly to get away from toxic family) and indulge in things I like and such.

I honestly don't know what kind of advice to put because certain things may not work for everyone which is OK (as only you know yourself the best). I can say in my case everyday is like taking baby steps, if I make it through each day it is progress

Children
No Data