How do you spend your life?

1. I'm a late diagnosed autistic woman and I don't know how to spend my life day to day. I don't know what to do or how to start I dont understand how people decide what they're going to do apart from jobs which you have to do. I'm living in a city and grew up in the country, I've had lots of jobs but I'm unemployed right now for the first time since I was about twelve. I have lots of interests but they just don't excite me right now I don't feel anything for them. Most days I wake up and I feel really anxious because I just don't know what to do. I have no plans no obligations and no desire to do the things I used to like. I'm worried that I'm burnt out because that's what that sounds like but I don't know how to make myself feel better. I think if someone instructed me, I can do things for them but I don't have any instructions for myself. Like if my job demands me to go to Greece I can easily do it but if I have a month off nothing will ever happen. Does anyone relate to this? Or know what to do? 
Parents
  • I feel like I can relate to how you are feeling . If I make plans, it is a miracle if I manage to achieve the things I have planned to do, even if they are things I want to do. However, I am a person who tends to take life one day at a time. If I fail to achieve the things I have planned, I try not to beat myself up about it. Tomorrow is another day, as they say.

For example, I have hobbies/interests that bring me pleasure, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to immerse myself in them. If the desire isn't there and I'm not experiencing the therapeutic benefits, then I see little point in engaging with those interests.

I have no advice to offer you. We are all different, so what works for one person may not work for another.

• I feel like I can relate to how you are feeling . If I make plans, it is a miracle if I manage to achieve the things I have planned to do, even if they are things I want to do. However, I am a person who tends to take life one day at a time. If I fail to achieve the things I have planned, I try not to beat myself up about it. Tomorrow is another day, as they say.

For example, I have hobbies/interests that bring me pleasure, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to immerse myself in them. If the desire isn't there and I'm not experiencing the therapeutic benefits, then I see little point in engaging with those interests.

I have no advice to offer you. We are all different, so what works for one person may not work for another.

Children
  • For example, I have hobbies/interests that bring me pleasure, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to immerse myself in them. If the desire isn't there and I'm not experiencing the therapeutic benefits, then I see little point in engaging with those interests

This is my problem as well. Although the things I used to really enjoy I feel unable to do now anyway, almost like I lost that zest, the passion I had. I work now, something I thought I would never be able to do but all my interests and hobbies are pushed aside.

I'm never in the right frame of mind for them and lack the interest I used to have which is a bit scary really.