Getting Diagnosed

Hello everyone, I requested to speak with my gp, was wondering how I go about asking to be assessed. I think I have undiagnosed autism/adhd. 

Parents
  • Hi,

When I went to see my GP about seeking a diagnosis I said that I think I may be autistic and answered any questions she asked. I can't remember what she asked me, but I remember it not being very much and she asked them in a way I could just say yes or no.  I'm not sure if I was lucky and had a really nice GP which made the process very simple, she didn't object or challenge it. She sent off a referral for an autism assessment straight away. 

I understand that some people can face difficulties when trying to get a diagnosis for anything, and especially autism. I had some GP's in the past in which their own opinion has impacted my life negatively. I think if I had gone to them to request an autism assessment I would have faced a lot more difficulties. Hopefully you do not experience any difficulties. If you do, do not give up. This forum can be a great place to seek advice from people that have gone through the same (or similar) experiences, and can offer great advice.

• Hi,

When I went to see my GP about seeking a diagnosis I said that I think I may be autistic and answered any questions she asked. I can't remember what she asked me, but I remember it not being very much and she asked them in a way I could just say yes or no.  I'm not sure if I was lucky and had a really nice GP which made the process very simple, she didn't object or challenge it. She sent off a referral for an autism assessment straight away. 

I understand that some people can face difficulties when trying to get a diagnosis for anything, and especially autism. I had some GP's in the past in which their own opinion has impacted my life negatively. I think if I had gone to them to request an autism assessment I would have faced a lot more difficulties. Hopefully you do not experience any difficulties. If you do, do not give up. This forum can be a great place to seek advice from people that have gone through the same (or similar) experiences, and can offer great advice.

Children
No Data