Freshly diagnosed ... Now what?

Hello all

I've just been diagnosed as Autistic. It's been suspected for years but now its fully confirmed. So.. this might sound stupid but what now?

Do i get a diagnosis letter? Will this diagnosis help me with anything benefit related? Does this make PIP a permanent thing for me? Is autism recognised as a life long pip disability?

I'm not really sure what I'm asking here. I'm just not sure what to expect as the diagnosis was so stressful for me i never really thought about what happens after so feeling a bit lost.

Thanks for any advice

Parents
  • Thats not really what i was asking but thanks.

• i mean it was 3 of your questions so it counts as half answered i think lol

to answer the first question, what you do now is whatever you would do, life stays the same, so what you do depends on what you want to do.

not sure about a letter but you should have any diagnosis listed in your medical record.

and thats all the other questions asked so i guess the 3 questions i answered was more 65% instead of half so i stand corrected.

• i mean it was 3 of your questions so it counts as half answered i think lol

to answer the first question, what you do now is whatever you would do, life stays the same, so what you do depends on what you want to do.

not sure about a letter but you should have any diagnosis listed in your medical record.

and thats all the other questions asked so i guess the 3 questions i answered was more 65% instead of half so i stand corrected.

Children
No Data