Anxiety

for years now, ever since i can remember, I have written my thoughts down. I have a special notebook & i used to meditate especially before bed as i struggle with sleep. If i feel anxious I can’t sleep & sometimes writing is the only thing that helps. I don’t get the comfort i should get & i struggle with that. Does anyone else feel like this? I know it is hard for others to understand me, how i feel etc but sometimes i wish they would try harder. I only just found out that autism is actually a disibility. Sorry didn’t spell that right. Feel like my whole life i have been apologising for who i am, just coz i am different. I don’t know anyone else who is autistic so sometimes this forum is the only thing that helps. 

also feeling emotional when people don’t understand me. People think i am being ‘silly’ or ‘pathetic’ or ‘weird’ 

thank you and sorry it is so long! 

Parents
  • I think its good that you write diwn your feelings. I have heard that this helps to release how we feel. I too feel like i dont get the comfort that i need. I have found things to help with this, like my cuddly toy to cuddle in bed and the smell of one of my mums clothing items. I find relaxing music comforting and nice smells. Do you still meditate? 

People dont understand. I have started talking about being autistic. By peoples response i discover who "gets it" and who doesn't. If they dont get it then i will leave it there. Some people i feel think i am silly or a nightmare. I am at the point now where i dont care so much about what people think of me. I remind myself that i am a good person and worth knowing. I hope you can build your confidence and be proud of who you are x

• I think its good that you write diwn your feelings. I have heard that this helps to release how we feel. I too feel like i dont get the comfort that i need. I have found things to help with this, like my cuddly toy to cuddle in bed and the smell of one of my mums clothing items. I find relaxing music comforting and nice smells. Do you still meditate? 

People dont understand. I have started talking about being autistic. By peoples response i discover who "gets it" and who doesn't. If they dont get it then i will leave it there. Some people i feel think i am silly or a nightmare. I am at the point now where i dont care so much about what people think of me. I remind myself that i am a good person and worth knowing. I hope you can build your confidence and be proud of who you are x

Children
No Data