Store cards for discounts : supermarkets : Fed up with them

I really hate having to get store cards to save money. For example a supermarket has lots of discounts if only you have their card for example butter is almost £3 but if you dont have their card it is £4.50! they want you to download their app and use it on your phone. I hate all the palaver of that. I am young and of the tech age, I am good with computers, but hate downloading and using apps like that. 

I just go to small independent shops or shops that dont have these discount cards. you know, as they dont "help" me save anyway. 

whats your view. I just think they are stressful  

Parents
  • Hi Astrid,

It won't surprise people to hear that I HATE HATE HATE the "we'll just harvest your data.....or else we will hurt you financially" which seems ever more unavoidable.

Car parks are doing the same (shame on NCP)....either you download their app and pay normal price...or you are forced to pay SUBSTANTIALLY more to pay at the machine or by phone or the web.  Shocking.  Tragic.

I will continue to resist, even if resistance is futile.  I HATE bullies.

Number.

• Hi Astrid,

It won't surprise people to hear that I HATE HATE HATE the "we'll just harvest your data.....or else we will hurt you financially" which seems ever more unavoidable.

Car parks are doing the same (shame on NCP)....either you download their app and pay normal price...or you are forced to pay SUBSTANTIALLY more to pay at the machine or by phone or the web.  Shocking.  Tragic.

I will continue to resist, even if resistance is futile.  I HATE bullies.

Number.

Children
No Data