Store cards for discounts : supermarkets : Fed up with them

I really hate having to get store cards to save money. For example a supermarket has lots of discounts if only you have their card for example butter is almost £3 but if you dont have their card it is £4.50! they want you to download their app and use it on your phone. I hate all the palaver of that. I am young and of the tech age, I am good with computers, but hate downloading and using apps like that. 

I just go to small independent shops or shops that dont have these discount cards. you know, as they dont "help" me save anyway. 

whats your view. I just think they are stressful  

Parents
  • I agree they are a complete palaver and a real pet peeve of mine. I resent having to jump through multiple hoops just to pay a reasonable price for something and at the same time surrendering my right to privacy, and this situation seems to be getting worse with more hoops to jump through more frequently. I guess it shows just how valuable our 'data' is to retailers

• In fairness, though, I have a Holland and Barrett card. But that's it.

It's worse in the US, as Stores have their own specific Credit Card. So, there's the debt issue; too.

Reply Children
No Data