Store cards for discounts : supermarkets : Fed up with them

I really hate having to get store cards to save money. For example a supermarket has lots of discounts if only you have their card for example butter is almost £3 but if you dont have their card it is £4.50! they want you to download their app and use it on your phone. I hate all the palaver of that. I am young and of the tech age, I am good with computers, but hate downloading and using apps like that. 

I just go to small independent shops or shops that dont have these discount cards. you know, as they dont "help" me save anyway. 

whats your view. I just think they are stressful  

Parents
  • I don't have a smartphone, but I do have a small collection of loyalty cards for certain stores.

Now, I am the kind of person who tends to pay for goods with a debit card, and will often purchase items online (using a desktop computer). On the rare occasions that I physically visit a store, I have no issue with retrieving the relevant store card, as it's stored in my purse along with my debit card and any cash.

I have a Nectar card that I use with Sainsbury's, Argos, and eBay. I also have a Tesco Clubcard, along with a few others that are used less frequently. If using a store loyalty card means I don't have to spend as much on my shopping, then I consider it a good thing.

If I had a smartphone, then I am sure that I probably would find it a hassle to download the relevant apps, and then to download updates for those apps. One of my son's complaints (he has a smartphone) is that when there is an update for an app, he cannot use the app until he's installed the update. To do that, he sometimes has to go through the palaver of uninstalling other apps to free up space.

• I don't have a smartphone, but I do have a small collection of loyalty cards for certain stores.

Now, I am the kind of person who tends to pay for goods with a debit card, and will often purchase items online (using a desktop computer). On the rare occasions that I physically visit a store, I have no issue with retrieving the relevant store card, as it's stored in my purse along with my debit card and any cash.

I have a Nectar card that I use with Sainsbury's, Argos, and eBay. I also have a Tesco Clubcard, along with a few others that are used less frequently. If using a store loyalty card means I don't have to spend as much on my shopping, then I consider it a good thing.

If I had a smartphone, then I am sure that I probably would find it a hassle to download the relevant apps, and then to download updates for those apps. One of my son's complaints (he has a smartphone) is that when there is an update for an app, he cannot use the app until he's installed the update. To do that, he sometimes has to go through the palaver of uninstalling other apps to free up space.

Children
No Data