Inpatient mental health hospital and restraint

I've just been discharged from MH hospital (I was there on a section 2). Whilst I was there, they restrained me - it keeps coming into my mind.  The doctor said they should have stayed with me and waited for the shutdown to pass rather than restrain me.  How can I cope with this? (apart from time)

Parents
  • I have worked in a MH hospital. Hopefully a restraint would have been a last resort.

Obviously, I don't know what or how they did it, but hopefully it was to protect you at that time. I know that was what I was trained to do, although I didn't actually use any restraint techniques in the time I was there.

Restraint should only be used in case of danger to the patient, other patients, or staff.

If this was not the case then perhaps you need to make a complaint.

• I have worked in a MH hospital. Hopefully a restraint would have been a last resort.

Obviously, I don't know what or how they did it, but hopefully it was to protect you at that time. I know that was what I was trained to do, although I didn't actually use any restraint techniques in the time I was there.

Restraint should only be used in case of danger to the patient, other patients, or staff.

If this was not the case then perhaps you need to make a complaint.

Children