Inpatient mental health hospital and restraint

I've just been discharged from MH hospital (I was there on a section 2). Whilst I was there, they restrained me - it keeps coming into my mind.  The doctor said they should have stayed with me and waited for the shutdown to pass rather than restrain me.  How can I cope with this? (apart from time)

Parents
  • Patience is key. You're right, time is a healer, slow yes but it does heal. I was so far gone it was unreal. I was restrained. I never thought I would get over it and be able to move on. And here I am talking with you now, in a much better place. The same will happen for you.

I think the key is acceptance. Accept that this has happened.

Accept that it can't be changed. 

And then move on with your life. Don't look back on what happened, look forward on the good things that are to come. It is a bad memory as Kittera said and believe me it is best forgotten.

Have faith in yourself and please take care.

Cave Troll.

• Patience is key. You're right, time is a healer, slow yes but it does heal. I was so far gone it was unreal. I was restrained. I never thought I would get over it and be able to move on. And here I am talking with you now, in a much better place. The same will happen for you.

I think the key is acceptance. Accept that this has happened.

Accept that it can't be changed. 

And then move on with your life. Don't look back on what happened, look forward on the good things that are to come. It is a bad memory as Kittera said and believe me it is best forgotten.

Have faith in yourself and please take care.

Cave Troll.

Children