Got a diagnosis, what now?

Basically what the title says. I got my diagnosis on Friday, I'm a nearly 40 year old woman, and I have no clue what to do next. I already get PIP for longstanding anxiety and depression, go to counseling on a regular basis, and whilst I'm currently out of work, mostly due to my mental health, I'm already accessing schemes to help me get back into work and receive ESA. What else do I do?

Parents
  • Hi. Congratulations on your diagnosis! I think how you feel right now is completely natural. I don't think you need to do anything, perhaps give yourself time to process this as it's a huge thing for you and then see how you feel after and where things go.

I saw in your comment just now you're thinking about writing a book. That's an intriguing idea and would probably help you express how you're feeling about the diagnosis and may itself give you ideas on what to do next.

Good luck with working as well. I'm a student volunteer at a nursery, haven't been doing it that long but I'm enjoying it and it's given me purpose in my life which was missing before really.

Cave Troll.

• Hi. Congratulations on your diagnosis! I think how you feel right now is completely natural. I don't think you need to do anything, perhaps give yourself time to process this as it's a huge thing for you and then see how you feel after and where things go.

I saw in your comment just now you're thinking about writing a book. That's an intriguing idea and would probably help you express how you're feeling about the diagnosis and may itself give you ideas on what to do next.

Good luck with working as well. I'm a student volunteer at a nursery, haven't been doing it that long but I'm enjoying it and it's given me purpose in my life which was missing before really.

Cave Troll.

Children
  • I was thinking more journalism or content writing to be honest, I think a whole book may be beyond me!

Previous jobs have been a secondary school English teacher, contracts administrator, customer support, accounts payable, and lastly, teaching assistant at a special school. All have which have helped me come to the conclusion I could do with part time work and ideally work from home. Aside from that I'm open to suggestions!