Full moon + Intergalactic Song Thread

I go a bit bananas on a full moon Banana

I realised this decades ago - I become pretty hyper and it's been pointed out to me by others.

I know that there is a suspected correlation between state of mind and the moon - hence the word 'lunacy'.

Does anyone else experience this?

Full moon with face

Parents
  • If I’m to think of a gold standard song, there is only one.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s, the timeless Audrey Hepburn.

Moon River.

youtu.be/uirBWk-qd9A

• Does Keith Moon count in this discussion? He was a very good drummer!

• Definitely Moon the Loon counts, a bit of useless trivia. He died 4 years after Mama Cass died in the same bedroom in Mayfair. I could go into full special interest but I think I would bore you.

• Thanks for that Kinks trivia!

• I can highly recommend Tony Fletcher's biography of Moon if you've not read it - it's just packed with stories like that. It's really amazing he got away with some of the stuff. Chucking fireworks from his hotel at police in the street, bringing lighters shaped like grenades onto planes to freak people out etc. etc.

He knew he could get away with it because he was famous. Had he not been I can imagine he would've spent a lot of time in jail.

• She was very intelligent, she turned up on Russell Harty's show once and he tried to outwit her and was just pummelled by her sharpness. Makes for fun viewing on YouTube. 

• Did you ever listen to Johnie Walker’s story of a night out in London with Keith, it all started really quite nice and dinner in a posh restaurant, Keith was the perfect gentleman, 30 minutes later, Keith ran across most of the restaurants tables, police and into the cells until management paid for the damage.

Johnie was present in a bar in Paris, The song Lola was written that day by The Kinks. A band member went back to his room with Lola, it turns out that Lola was previously called Len. 

• I read about the Creeque Alley Mamas & Papas song, It was about the scene in LA at the time,  Cass  didn’t really like the chorus and she shouldn’t have to have done either.

“No one’s getting fat except Mama Cass”, her real name is  Ellen Naomi Cohen.

• I read about the Creeque Alley Mamas & Papas song, It was about the scene in LA at the time,  Cass  didn’t really like the chorus and she shouldn’t have to have done either.

“No one’s getting fat except Mama Cass”, her real name is  Ellen Naomi Cohen.

Children