Work anxiety all or nothing thinking and panic.

Hi All,

So to give a general description, I'm apparently doing ok according to my new employer, indeed been told im 'really good' from them and given plenty of room to manoeuvre - all good , but got several critical emails from client with 'i'm dissapointed' in it.. ( this to me is game over, all or nothing thinking, just find another career) but i understand its typical language and not personal but inwardly I really can't compute the difference. I'm riddled with anxiety, i don't feel that i am really navigating the cut throat business world - i'm just trying to be the honest me (im *** otherwise) which i think puts me at a disadvantage. 

I feel I need to correct this soon or I am going to fail somehow and i'm anticipating losing my job soon. I'm wondering how others deal with similar negative feedback despite doing your best.

Parents
  • Ohhhhh God I remember feedback, which always meant I was in trouble!!!

Once I'd receive a new complaint, it would absorb me for weeks. From then on everytime the phone rang, my head would tell me this is another customer whose got home, and is ringing to speak to the boss about me. I'd over escalate everything, I'd go over what I'd done that day, who I had spoken to, may I have offended anyone, was my work perfect, I'd loose sleep over it for nights znd nights, then be in work absolutely friend of all life which would obviously incur more mistakes, more feedback. After near 40 years of this, along with other things, I have not worked since pandemic and I'd rather opt out of life than be forced back into the rat race. You're still young, make sure you ate in the correct job for you. Until aged 34 I worked many many non skilled jobs, aged 34 I went back to college, found a vocation I did once really enjoy. I just couldn't take no more. Had I been diagnosed many years ago, id have not pushed myself and been pushed to work the hours I did. Had I been helped back then, I would probably still have been working now as I did enjoy my trade.

Work or no work, meet only your own expectations,  trying to meet others is dire. 

• Ohhhhh God I remember feedback, which always meant I was in trouble!!!

Once I'd receive a new complaint, it would absorb me for weeks. From then on everytime the phone rang, my head would tell me this is another customer whose got home, and is ringing to speak to the boss about me. I'd over escalate everything, I'd go over what I'd done that day, who I had spoken to, may I have offended anyone, was my work perfect, I'd loose sleep over it for nights znd nights, then be in work absolutely friend of all life which would obviously incur more mistakes, more feedback. After near 40 years of this, along with other things, I have not worked since pandemic and I'd rather opt out of life than be forced back into the rat race. You're still young, make sure you ate in the correct job for you. Until aged 34 I worked many many non skilled jobs, aged 34 I went back to college, found a vocation I did once really enjoy. I just couldn't take no more. Had I been diagnosed many years ago, id have not pushed myself and been pushed to work the hours I did. Had I been helped back then, I would probably still have been working now as I did enjoy my trade.

Work or no work, meet only your own expectations,  trying to meet others is dire. 

Children
No Data