Does anyone else feel comfortable by themselves but isolated at the same time?

Hello everyone,

As an autsic adult does anyone relate when I say , I feel really comfortable by myself, like my own company but really struggle fitting in and I end up feeling abit isolated.

Does this feel the same for you ? 

Parents
  • I spend 90% of my time on my own. I live alone and work from home, I do maybe 1 social thing per week and will usually visit my sister and her kids for a few hours on top of that, but my social battery runs out fast especially around the children. 

I'd say most of the time I'm content being alone but there are times where I feel lonely and would like someone to talk to. It would be nice to have someone to cuddle at night too because I can feel quite scared being alone in my flat in the dark. 

All in all though, I think I have accepted that this is my life and I just have to be comfortable and get on with it. 

• I spend 90% of my time on my own. I live alone and work from home, I do maybe 1 social thing per week and will usually visit my sister and her kids for a few hours on top of that, but my social battery runs out fast especially around the children. 

I'd say most of the time I'm content being alone but there are times where I feel lonely and would like someone to talk to. It would be nice to have someone to cuddle at night too because I can feel quite scared being alone in my flat in the dark. 

All in all though, I think I have accepted that this is my life and I just have to be comfortable and get on with it. 

Children
No Data