Does anyone else feel comfortable by themselves but isolated at the same time?

Hello everyone,

As an autsic adult does anyone relate when I say , I feel really comfortable by myself, like my own company but really struggle fitting in and I end up feeling abit isolated.

Does this feel the same for you ? 

Parents
  • I feel like in today's society there is a lot of pressure to have loads of friends and be out clubbing etc, but reality is not everyone does that. Sometimes you can be in a room full of people and still feel lonely. My worst fear is being alone. I feel the same as you do a lot of the time, even when I am smiling and trying to join in conversations

• I feel like in today's society there is a lot of pressure to have loads of friends and be out clubbing etc, but reality is not everyone does that. Sometimes you can be in a room full of people and still feel lonely. My worst fear is being alone. I feel the same as you do a lot of the time, even when I am smiling and trying to join in conversations

Children
  • It might seem like there is pressure to have a lot of friends, but I think the average person (I'm talking in general terms) only has a handful of people during their lifetime that they would consider to be true friends. I'd rather have quality friendships over quantity.