Failed at work

Hi,

I'm new here. I was finally given a shot at work, I managed 2 weeks, five days and now I'm burnt out and feeling our rubbish mentally and physically. I feel like a failure.

The annoying thing is I really enjoyed working but the effects it has caused is almost unbearable. My anxiety is awful. My mental health is triggered and I'm struggling to sleep again and feel tired all the time.

My boss has asked me a few times when I'll be back and I don't know when or if I will. My gut tells me I'm not going to go back again... My anxiety can't take it.

Parents
  • It must feel very conflicting. You enjoy the job but it's basically killing you.

Two years ago, I worked a rather intense job for 13 weeks. I was struggling really badly for 12 of them, and I didn't say anything to anyone (like a boss or anything). As soon as the initial novelty wore off I began struggling, I was all over the place mentally.

I'm telling you that to ensure that you don't let that happen to you. I hope you have a supportive boss.

• It must feel very conflicting. You enjoy the job but it's basically killing you.

Two years ago, I worked a rather intense job for 13 weeks. I was struggling really badly for 12 of them, and I didn't say anything to anyone (like a boss or anything). As soon as the initial novelty wore off I began struggling, I was all over the place mentally.

I'm telling you that to ensure that you don't let that happen to you. I hope you have a supportive boss.

Children
No Data