Is it just me?

I thrive on routine and familiarity, so much so my Sundays are borderline ritual now!  

I am a creature of habit, every Sunday I watch without fail every episode of Columbo on channel 5 USA all day until they stop at 9pm.  

My family think its crazy as I have seen all the episodes multiple times.

For me I enjoy the episodes and now they are familiar I like watching them every Sunday.

I also feel that TV in general is difficult for me as I have diagnosed facial blindness and find it hard to track multiple people in programs and films.  This is why I love Columbo, it's a man in a Mac, I can follow that!

Anyone else have a fixation like this?

Parents
  • hmm facial blindness...id have to look into that because i dont really recognise people very well by their face. i had a guy talk to me and i pretend i know him and apparently i did know him and hes from work but i guess i dont look at faces enough to memorise them.

• hmm facial blindness...id have to look into that because i dont really recognise people very well by their face. i had a guy talk to me and i pretend i know him and apparently i did know him and hes from work but i guess i dont look at faces enough to memorise them.

Children
  • Hi, I have prosopagnosia, which does not allow me to recognise faces, not even my own.  To 'see' people I find  looking at hair type/colour, clothing, shoes helpful.  It's not a memory issue, I don't see the faces, to me everyone has the same face.  The people in my life I give nick names to, to be able to recall who they are.  One of my tutors at uni I have now labelled silver quiet and another uni peer pink loud, its how I cope the facial blindness.