Assessment

Hi all,

I have my autism assessment this week. I am in my late 50's. Any advice would be very welcome! Heart

Parents
  • Make sure you feel as comfortable and calm as possible - wear your favourite clothes, get rested, eat etc. Go into it as relaxed as possible so you feel able to engage and talk.

It was important for me to get an authentic answer, I even told them that on my form, so I wasn't looking to tick all the boxes, what does that achieve?

As people say, just be yourself. Any traits will reveal themselves. I realised immediately that my assessor was quick to manage me if she thought she'd hit a nerve so I don't think she needed to see any kind of extremes, she needed me to be able to talk.

Good luck.

• Make sure you feel as comfortable and calm as possible - wear your favourite clothes, get rested, eat etc. Go into it as relaxed as possible so you feel able to engage and talk.

It was important for me to get an authentic answer, I even told them that on my form, so I wasn't looking to tick all the boxes, what does that achieve?

As people say, just be yourself. Any traits will reveal themselves. I realised immediately that my assessor was quick to manage me if she thought she'd hit a nerve so I don't think she needed to see any kind of extremes, she needed me to be able to talk.

Good luck.

Children
No Data