Communication Differences.

Just musing more than anything, I’m two years into my autism journey and still learning how differently autistic people understand communication with neurotypical people. 
I would often get into trouble and still do, last weekend my wife was looking on the internet and said to me, “There’s a craft fair on tomorrow.” my answer was, “That’s nice.” I got told off on Monday for closing the conversation down because I didn’t want to go. 
I just said that she didn’t say she wanted for us to go. 
Last night, a silly thing, I nuked some Christmas pudding after dinner and used up some cream that was near its end. I was told that I had looked after myself. My wife told me she had mentioned earlier that she fancied rice pudding.

I know I most probably sound boring, it just made me realise how neurotypical people talk in riddles and don’t just say what they want.

My ideal would have been, “There’s a craft fair tomorrow, shall we go?”

”while your in the kitchen, can you nuke my rice pudding?”

Still just realising how differently we communicate.

Parents
  • i communicate more by written. verbally im quiet. written i never shut up and can write essays.

so i appear to be 2 different people at times as knowing me in person you know a quiet person and probably dont know my mind. knowing me in writing you can likely get more deeper into my mind and perhaps then not like me or see me as different to how you saw me in person. in writing too i dont care about peoples social bullshit, its pure logic and fact and that usually hurts people or offends people, they dont get my writing. its not meant to be offensive but people see it as that. i think because im super truthful too and in writing a load of hurtful truth can come out, but i see a hurtful truth as a constructive truth and a kindness as they can better themselves off true honesty. and some things are just totally misunderstood as attacks, i dunno i sometimes also state every opinion even bad opinions but they are not mine im just stating that they exist and then people think those bad opinions are mine but i was just acknowledging and listing all opinions on that certain subject and not stating my own personal opinion. most times im opinion fluid lol i see all opinions and see the logic and truth in all and so can sway between each one, neither is right or wrong they all have their merits it depends what merit i want at the time.

• i communicate more by written. verbally im quiet. written i never shut up and can write essays.

so i appear to be 2 different people at times as knowing me in person you know a quiet person and probably dont know my mind. knowing me in writing you can likely get more deeper into my mind and perhaps then not like me or see me as different to how you saw me in person. in writing too i dont care about peoples social bullshit, its pure logic and fact and that usually hurts people or offends people, they dont get my writing. its not meant to be offensive but people see it as that. i think because im super truthful too and in writing a load of hurtful truth can come out, but i see a hurtful truth as a constructive truth and a kindness as they can better themselves off true honesty. and some things are just totally misunderstood as attacks, i dunno i sometimes also state every opinion even bad opinions but they are not mine im just stating that they exist and then people think those bad opinions are mine but i was just acknowledging and listing all opinions on that certain subject and not stating my own personal opinion. most times im opinion fluid lol i see all opinions and see the logic and truth in all and so can sway between each one, neither is right or wrong they all have their merits it depends what merit i want at the time.

Children
No Data