Winter and Functioning

If you are posting on this thread please stick to experience or sharing of positive things and please avoid debate which would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am finding my executive functioning is quite low at the moment due to quite a few challenges at the same time and the limited light. A lot of my forms of relaxation require good light for my vision to be good enough. Each week at work ( I do a maximum of 4 days) feels a challenge at the moment, so I try to celebrate a week achieved at a time. 

I try to find positives in nature that is mostly on the decline at this time of year. My positive for this week is the smell of damp leaves.

Does anyone else find this time of year difficult?

I enjoy reading people's funny experiences on here, but they are sadly lacking at the moment. 

Parents
  • I can find this goes both ways for me: I like cozy nights in, watching TV with a cup of tea, or sitting in a nice pub by a fire. But on the other hand I find being outside in the dark scary, and I don't like going anywhere on my own plus I struggle to drive in the dark so life becomes quite limited. 

Yesterday I slipped on leaves that were rotting on the pavement and I nearly fell on my bum which would have hurt a lot, so that's another thing I don't love. 

With it getting dark about 4pm the nights feel very long, I find myself eating earlier and going to bed earlier to get cozy and comfy. 

• I can find this goes both ways for me: I like cozy nights in, watching TV with a cup of tea, or sitting in a nice pub by a fire. But on the other hand I find being outside in the dark scary, and I don't like going anywhere on my own plus I struggle to drive in the dark so life becomes quite limited. 

Yesterday I slipped on leaves that were rotting on the pavement and I nearly fell on my bum which would have hurt a lot, so that's another thing I don't love. 

With it getting dark about 4pm the nights feel very long, I find myself eating earlier and going to bed earlier to get cozy and comfy. 

Children
No Data