Winter and Functioning

If you are posting on this thread please stick to experience or sharing of positive things and please avoid debate which would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am finding my executive functioning is quite low at the moment due to quite a few challenges at the same time and the limited light. A lot of my forms of relaxation require good light for my vision to be good enough. Each week at work ( I do a maximum of 4 days) feels a challenge at the moment, so I try to celebrate a week achieved at a time. 

I try to find positives in nature that is mostly on the decline at this time of year. My positive for this week is the smell of damp leaves.

Does anyone else find this time of year difficult?

I enjoy reading people's funny experiences on here, but they are sadly lacking at the moment. 

Parents
  • I suffer from SAD, I just can’t stand the gloomy days and coldness. The thought of Christmas doesn’t hep.
    My first job was in a building with no windows. In the winter I would go to work in the dark and then go home in the dark. It was quite horrible, after a couple of months I started feeling like a Morlock. Last winter I kept putting off getting new work boots , having wet feet all day was massively overstimulating, in the end my wife went and bought me new boots, I was apparently being a pain in the a*se.

• I've been intending to get myself a comfortable pair of warm waterproof winter shoes, but keep putting it off. When it comes to clothing and footwear, I tend to order stuff online. Of course, the drawback is that it can be a hassle if something ends up needing to be returned.

• I have very wide feet, getting comfortable footwear is often a challenge. I’ve never understood how anyone can walk anywhere in those flip flop things. I know that’s a bit random.

Driving home in the evenings is often uncomfortable, most of my route has no street lights so obviously my eyes dilate, most cars now use xenon or led lights. Oncoming cars can be so bright, it is quite blinding. The cyclists with flashing led lights is even worse, some cycle lights are 50000 lumens, combined with the flashing, I have had to pull off the road before. The lights actually leave white spots in my eyesight.

• Your flip-flop comment caused me to chuckle. Having worn flip-flops in the past, I too wonder how people can wear them. In my experience, aside from being lethal to wear when one's feet are hot and sweaty, the toe posts make them uncomfortable. Also, I cannot say that I've ever found the sight of naked feet to be particularly appealing unless they belong to babies. 

There you go, Roy. A random comment about feet from me in response to your random flip-flop comment. Laughing

• Your flip-flop comment caused me to chuckle. Having worn flip-flops in the past, I too wonder how people can wear them. In my experience, aside from being lethal to wear when one's feet are hot and sweaty, the toe posts make them uncomfortable. Also, I cannot say that I've ever found the sight of naked feet to be particularly appealing unless they belong to babies. 

There you go, Roy. A random comment about feet from me in response to your random flip-flop comment. Laughing

Children
No Data