Psychiatry UK

Has anyone had any negative experiences with Psychaitry UK for an ASD assessment? 

I have been told I am not autistic and I disagree with this. I fully 100% believe that I am autistic and have previously scored very high on multiple tests. The problem was that I struggled to think on the spot with some of the questions and felt quite rushed through out. I don't know whether to go privately or whether I should try and fight their decision? I need advice please. 

Parents
  • i wouldnt ever go private due to the fact imagine if you paid 2000 or more and yet they still say no and your not happy but this time you have spent 2k for that.

id ask for reasons why they said you dont meet the criteria.... then if your not happy id perhaps look at all the other things with overlapping asd traits and consider whether you could perhaps have any of the many other things that overlap and go for diagnosis for any of those. it might be you was slightly out, but that slightly out put you in another thing instead.

• I should have been more clear. I was referred by the NHS through right to choose to axia ASD as I'd been waiting 5yrs already on the local NHS list. I didn't pay for it, it was NHS. 

• so its a private one through the nhs that you got sent to and that one did the negative result?
    yeah i can feel ya on the wait, ive been waiting 4 to 5 years now myself... but 3 of those years was because my gp didnt send the referal and kept it on their files, so i think my wait time got reset so im officially now only a few months waiting in que now despite having been 3 years waiting since i asked my gp.

• so its a private one through the nhs that you got sent to and that one did the negative result?
    yeah i can feel ya on the wait, ive been waiting 4 to 5 years now myself... but 3 of those years was because my gp didnt send the referal and kept it on their files, so i think my wait time got reset so im officially now only a few months waiting in que now despite having been 3 years waiting since i asked my gp.

Children
No Data