The Sunday Roast

I’m most probably just venting, the Spector of the Sunday roast looms most weeks. I personally find the Whole experience really daunting. 
The morning has the prep for something I don’t want to eat. I then tend to spend most of the afternoon cooking a  meat that I really can’t tolerate, the smallest amount of fat makes me gag. The childhood thing of the forced roast is a horrible memory.

I get told off for being controlling and making ‘this autism thing, all about me’. I would rather have an omelette for dinner, done in 10 minutes . I’ve been quiet for 50 years, right from childhood, I’m only 2 years in from realising I’m autistic and can’t keep quiet anymore. Food to me is a minefield or a mindfield My youngest son was asked today if he wanted roast, his answer was no, I hate it, I’m going out with my girlfriend for a Chinese meal, he doesn’t get  told off. I get that I should try to fit in. It sounds weird but my autistic behaviour is something I can’t stop, it’s like finally realising who I am.  To me the realisation of autism has been like a phoenix rising from the ashes, I know that’s a terrible cliche. Sorry just venting.

Parents
  • We have roast ocasionally but only in the winter. It completely baffles me why brits have to have a roast when on holiday and its 30oC outside. I like the roast spuds, stuffing, and thats about it. When I was a kid we didn't have much money and my parents always had poor cuts of meat and poor cooking skills. It put me off non processed meat, will eat a burger but not a steak. I also don't get being forced to have roast at Christmas? We will go out with the inlaws on 24th and I will have a burger, everybody else will have roast.On xmas day we will be having a curry. 

• We have roast ocasionally but only in the winter. It completely baffles me why brits have to have a roast when on holiday and its 30oC outside. I like the roast spuds, stuffing, and thats about it. When I was a kid we didn't have much money and my parents always had poor cuts of meat and poor cooking skills. It put me off non processed meat, will eat a burger but not a steak. I also don't get being forced to have roast at Christmas? We will go out with the inlaws on 24th and I will have a burger, everybody else will have roast.On xmas day we will be having a curry. 

Children
No Data