Haircuts

Today’s task was to go and get my hair cut. One of the most stressful things I have to do on a regular basis.

Getting the crowded, noisy smelly subway into town. Sitting in an incredibly noisy and busy barbershop with people touching me and talking at me and clipping and buzzing around my head.

I hate it. There must be a better way (other than shaving my head!).

Parents
  • Well there's definitely better than what you're doing at the moment. 

I only get my hair cut about once every 3-4 months and that's because I need to keep it short or it's bad sensorily. My hairdressors is very small, and usually only has one person working in it at a time which means I don't have to deal with the overwhelm of the noise of everyone else in the shop.

While I know changing routine is hard (I didn't get my hair cut for 5 years after my old hairdressers shut until my mum helped me find this one) is it worth looking for smaller barbers in the outskirts of the city?

• Well there's definitely better than what you're doing at the moment. 

I only get my hair cut about once every 3-4 months and that's because I need to keep it short or it's bad sensorily. My hairdressors is very small, and usually only has one person working in it at a time which means I don't have to deal with the overwhelm of the noise of everyone else in the shop.

While I know changing routine is hard (I didn't get my hair cut for 5 years after my old hairdressers shut until my mum helped me find this one) is it worth looking for smaller barbers in the outskirts of the city?

Children