Couldn't even do the tasks

One of them was the demonstrating of brushing teeth, and also making up a story with 5 objects, and making up a story on a story book. I couldn't even do these tasks. Plus I couldn't even express how I feel when I am happy and sad internally. Is this gonna cause my assessment to be inconclusive? 

Parents
  • Either we are in different countries or there are wildly different kinds of autism assessments out there!

Mine consisted of 72 pages of forms to fill in, 40-ish pages of forms for someone close to me to fill in, followed by a 1.5hr face to face interview. It was through the NHS. 

Love to hear more about this unusual sounding process! 

• That’s the ADOS test which is usually a standard part of an autism assessment. It’s a collection of weird tasks and talking, primarily to let the assessor see how you interact snd behave.

That was only one part of my assessment though. I also had a 2 hour initial interview, an IQ test, a thick pile of forms and the assessors also separately spoke to two people who know me.

• What?! IQ is not part of the assessment process in either the DSM or ICD diagnostic manuals. It seems to me that some clinical bodies are just making things up as they go along.

Reply Children
No Data