ChatGPT

I've started having a go using ChatGPT lately and like asking questions such as 'Explain quantum theory to me as if I'm 10 years old'. What do you like to do with it so far?

Parents
  • What do you like to do with it so far?

I have used it to re-write books in the stye of other authors. I go it to write the bible in the style of Terry Pratchett which was entertaining in bits but mostly dull - kind of like the real bible I guess...

• When I tried copying and pasting a larger amount of text into openai chatgpt app it looked to have a limited message size. How do you get around that or is there no character limit to messages depending what and where the chatgpt we're using is?

I go it to write the bible in the style of Terry Pratchett

I've liked Terry Pratchett over the years (I chose The Colour of Magic as my first ever book review for English class in 1985 when we could choose any book we wanted from the local bookshop) and I've generally disliked the Bible (although I have respect for bits and pieces of it in places e.g. 'as we sow so shall we reap' and that kind of thing).

• With public domain texts you don't have to paste the text in - just refer to the book and if it can find it, the interface will render it in the style of the author.

The AI has already digested the works of the author so has these all on hand to refer to, just as it has the public domain texts.

Maybe try the request "write the bible in the style of Terry Pratchett" which was what I did - the book of Genesis was the more entertaining as it is full of absurdities that are pretty much fantasy in their own right.

• With public domain texts you don't have to paste the text in - just refer to the book and if it can find it, the interface will render it in the style of the author.

The AI has already digested the works of the author so has these all on hand to refer to, just as it has the public domain texts.

Maybe try the request "write the bible in the style of Terry Pratchett" which was what I did - the book of Genesis was the more entertaining as it is full of absurdities that are pretty much fantasy in their own right.

Children
  • I've become aware today that there's such a thing as a ChatGPT Prompt Engineer these days www.coursera.org/.../prompt-engineering I guess there are a lot of ChatGPT 'Not so prompt' Engineers about too.

• Good stuff, I'll give it a go, thank you Thumbsup Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm especially attracted to playing around with the book of Revelation and see how that goes. I just tried on openai chatgpt via desktop website the prompt: 'write the book of revelation in the style of irvine welsh' but got the response: 'Sorry, but I can't do that. Would you like a summary or have any other questions about the Book of Revelation?'. I'll keep on playing around with it.