Birthday Looming.

Sorry for being depressive, it happens around this time every year, my birthday is looming. I’m happy to be left alone, I hate days that are different. The questions have started, “ what are you doing for your birthday?” All I want is to be left alone. I get that people try to be nice, I’m just happy to have a normal day. The hardest part is being taken out for dinner, here’s a menu, panic, everyone else seems to navigate the menu in 20 seconds, I stare at it and the waiter is back before I can even workout what I can’t eat. Sorry just ranting.

Parents
  • my birthday is looming

Looming - I like that Roy, like the ominous anticipation that birthdays bring. Mine's also on the horizon, I only have to fend off a sibling and his large family - to be fair, less him than the others, but still... they want to buy stuff, ideally to... visit!!! Scream cat

What I'd really like is to hang out with the dog and see nobody at all..

And they would certainly want to 'celebrate' if they did visit.. If I ever have to go out for a meal, it's what Iain suggested, see the menu first, it helps to be prewarned. Otherwise it would be too much, with the rest of the anxiety that would be there. I still don't find it easy to choose, but it gives me more time, which is something.

• Hi, I am someone who hates being pushed in a certain direction, I normally then push harder in the opposite direction. It’s almost as though it’s their day, there is little respect for what I actually want. I do have a new book called,’London, A Guide for Curious Visitors.’ I live quite near to an Underground station, it’s actually Overground and I haven’t been to London since before lockdown, the maternal side of my family were Jews who settled in the East end. My paternal side were Irish who settled in a place called Byker. That’s too far for a day visit. The book shows all the little things that you would normally never notice in London, I think I’m going to take myself off on the day and explore with my book and camera. The food side of things is easy, the shop I’m going to only sells Pie & Mash, no choices! It’s always been on my ‘bucket list’ of things to do. I’m going to make it my day.

• Hi, I am someone who hates being pushed in a certain direction, I normally then push harder in the opposite direction. It’s almost as though it’s their day, there is little respect for what I actually want. I do have a new book called,’London, A Guide for Curious Visitors.’ I live quite near to an Underground station, it’s actually Overground and I haven’t been to London since before lockdown, the maternal side of my family were Jews who settled in the East end. My paternal side were Irish who settled in a place called Byker. That’s too far for a day visit. The book shows all the little things that you would normally never notice in London, I think I’m going to take myself off on the day and explore with my book and camera. The food side of things is easy, the shop I’m going to only sells Pie & Mash, no choices! It’s always been on my ‘bucket list’ of things to do. I’m going to make it my day.

Children