How many friends have you got or had?

I really struggle with making friends. I thought I had 3 friends but it turned out I got it wrong and they're not proper friends so now I'm feeling alone again.

Parents
  • Well, I really screwed up over the years because I overloaded my life. I was eager to make connections (too eager) and I didn't really give myself the opportunity to focus on a select few and give them my energy, rather than spread my energy really thinly. At the top of last year, I would have called 25-30 people my friends. By the end of the year it was more like 12.

I lost them all earlier this year, but when I think back now there were only about 6 people by the end that I genuinely felt happy with and connected to. And fully comfortable around.

Right now I'm just allowing myself to adjust to my own company. I became too reliant on other people, too needy when it came to reassurance and validation.

• Well, I really screwed up over the years because I overloaded my life. I was eager to make connections (too eager) and I didn't really give myself the opportunity to focus on a select few and give them my energy, rather than spread my energy really thinly. At the top of last year, I would have called 25-30 people my friends. By the end of the year it was more like 12.

I lost them all earlier this year, but when I think back now there were only about 6 people by the end that I genuinely felt happy with and connected to. And fully comfortable around.

Right now I'm just allowing myself to adjust to my own company. I became too reliant on other people, too needy when it came to reassurance and validation.

Children
No Data