Friends wanting me to be different

Why is it whenever I make friends they want me to change and be different? I work hard at friendships and not once has anyone ever accepted me for who I am. It's getting annoying now. I feel like I'm getting somewhere and then they show their true colours.

Parents
  • I guess it depends what they want you to do differently, and if you're experiencing RSD /dysregulation over whatever happened. I can only speak for myself but when I'm experiencing those things I take everything that anyone says badly. 

I can't figure out ppl either. I have realized I'm a people pleaser and do things I am not comfortable with just to fit in/not make a scene but my watch seems to be telling me the more I socialize the more stressed I get. This can't be good for me!

I gotta admit I'm leaning towards not bothering with friends. Being alone is less lonely than being with people who don't understand/want you to change (or 'get better') 

• I guess it depends what they want you to do differently, and if you're experiencing RSD /dysregulation over whatever happened. I can only speak for myself but when I'm experiencing those things I take everything that anyone says badly. 

I can't figure out ppl either. I have realized I'm a people pleaser and do things I am not comfortable with just to fit in/not make a scene but my watch seems to be telling me the more I socialize the more stressed I get. This can't be good for me!

I gotta admit I'm leaning towards not bothering with friends. Being alone is less lonely than being with people who don't understand/want you to change (or 'get better') 

Children
No Data