Friends wanting me to be different

Why is it whenever I make friends they want me to change and be different? I work hard at friendships and not once has anyone ever accepted me for who I am. It's getting annoying now. I feel like I'm getting somewhere and then they show their true colours.

Parents
  • As with any kind of relationship, friendships involve compromise. Whilst we might have traits that annoy our friends, good friends (true friends) will generally be more accommodating and tolerant of our flaws... or at least that's been my experience with the majority of my friends.

If your friends cannot accept you for being you, then maybe you need to ask yourself if they are worthy of your friendship. Based on what you have written, I think you already know the answer to that.

• As with any kind of relationship, friendships involve compromise. Whilst we might have traits that annoy our friends, good friends (true friends) will generally be more accommodating and tolerant of our flaws... or at least that's been my experience with the majority of my friends.

If your friends cannot accept you for being you, then maybe you need to ask yourself if they are worthy of your friendship. Based on what you have written, I think you already know the answer to that.

Children
No Data